Why Choose Philip Martin?
Philip Martin Lettings Limited has a dedicated residential letting office based at 6 Cathedral Lane and deal with a wide variety of properties across Cornwall. We currently look after around 640 properties although this number is always growing and there is a high demand across all price brackets for good quality dwellings.
Unlike many other letting agents we are governed by the strict codes of practice laid down by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors of which we are members and this includes a requirement to "ring fence" clients' money and tenancy deposits as well as hold high levels of professional indemnity insurance. We are regularly audited by the RICS and are required to submit an annual return. Tenancy deposits are registered with the Dispute Service Limited and the additional security that we can offer is seen as invaluable by many of our clients. See our client money certificate from the RICS by clicking the logo here.
We pride ourselves on helping people find a property to rent in Cornwall, providing a professional and personal service along the way. As an independent Cornish firm specialising in letting property we recognise the importance of customer service to potential tenants as well as to our landlords. If you are looking for a property to rent in Truro and Cornwall then contact Philip Martin Lettings.
We offer a wide variety of services to suit individual clients needs from setting up tenancies to full management and offer simple fee structures with a detailed brochure available by emailing us at email@example.com
SCALE OF FEES FOR LANDLORDS
Set-Up Service (Tenant Find only)
- Market appraisal, advising monthly rent & advertising for potential Tenants.
- Carrying out viewings and evaluating their suitability as Tenants. Negotiating terms between Landlord and Tenant, obtain references and prepare the relevant tenancy agreements and paperwork.
- Compiling an inventory of the property and setting up accounts for the utilities for the tenants. We collect the first month’s rent and deposit. The management of the tenancy is then handed over to the Landlord and we take no further part.
60% of Monthly Rent + VAT
Fee to hold, register deposit and carry out exit check £85 + VAT
Full Management Service
- Includes the above service for advising the Landlord in respect of letting and setting up the tenancy, as well as:
- Actively managing the tenancy for the duration of the lease. This includes dealing with all matters in relation to the tenant or the property, including the monthly collection of rent, inspections, and arranging repairs with the landlords consent.
Fee for setting up of each Tenancy £120 + VAT
Monthly Management Fee 11 % of Monthly Rent + VAT
For both services, the landlord will be charged at cost for an inventory based on the size of the property:
£70 + VAT for 1 one bedroom property, increasing by £5 per bedroom, and an additional £15 for furnished properties.
"This is the second time we have rented via Philip Martin and once again we have been overwhelmed by the fantastic and personable service we have received. Not only are the fees reasonable but the service we have received, it really goes a long way to minimising the stress of moving. We are very happy in our new home but should we ever move again we would specifically look for properties with Philip Martin as an agent."